Boston, Mass., July 15, 2016 – Boston Pride sends its thoughts and condolences to the families of the victims of the horrifying terrorist attack that occurred yesterday in Nice, France, during the Bastille Day fireworks. Additionally, we stand in solidarity with the various Pride organizers in the south of France who had to cancel or postpone their LGBT Pride celebrations following this terrible incident. In particular, Boston Pride sends its support to Fierté Montpellier Pride and Pride Marseille whose major Pride events were scheduled for this weekend. Our theme of “Solidarity Through Pride” is unfortunately put once again to the test in dramatic circumstances. Boston Pride, a founding member of InterPride, will work through the international organization to provide assistance to our sister Pride groups in France as they request.
I've watched the full performance dozens of times already, but it still rings through my entire being every time. twitter.com/bostonpride/st…
Latest Pride News
- Solidarity with the people of France
- Boston Pride Celebrates Public Accommodations Bill For Transgender Individuals Becoming Law in Massachusetts
- Statement from Boston Pride regarding State Senate candidate Ted Busiek
- A Look Back on Boston Pride Month 2016, Celebrations and Remembrances for the LGBT Community
- Happy Pride from Joan Rivers!