Boston Pride would like to congratulate the New Jersey Assembly for voting yesterday to legalize marriages between individuals of the same sex. The New Jersey State Senate had passed similar legislation earlier this week. Even though New Jersey’s Governor Chris Christie (R-NJ) has pledged to veto the bill, we wish to applaud efforts by any legislature to advance this fundamental human rights cause and we urge Governor Christie to reconsider this stance. Boston Pride wishes to also offer support and congratulations to the organizations and individuals in New Jersey, who have worked tirelessly on this issue.
Latest Pride News
- Join the Boston Pride Guide Team!
- Solidarity with the people of France
- Boston Pride Celebrates Public Accommodations Bill For Transgender Individuals Becoming Law in Massachusetts
- Statement from Boston Pride regarding State Senate candidate Ted Busiek
- A Look Back on Boston Pride Month 2016, Celebrations and Remembrances for the LGBT Community