Boston Pride would like to congratulate the New Jersey Assembly for voting yesterday to legalize marriages between individuals of the same sex. The New Jersey State Senate had passed similar legislation earlier this week. Even though New Jersey’s Governor Chris Christie (R-NJ) has pledged to veto the bill, we wish to applaud efforts by any legislature to advance this fundamental human rights cause and we urge Governor Christie to reconsider this stance. Boston Pride wishes to also offer support and congratulations to the organizations and individuals in New Jersey, who have worked tirelessly on this issue.
Latest Pride News
- Boston Pride to Honor the Late Mayor Thomas M. Menino at 45th Anniversary- #WickedProud Annual Pride Parade
- Spring Open House on Wednesday, March 25th
- Boston Pride Celebrates 45th Anniversary – #WickedProud Launches “Friends of Boston Pride”
- LGBT Groups Make History at the South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- LGBT Roller Bounce on March 26 – This event benefits Boston Pride’s programs!