Today the Washington State House passed a bill to allow same-sex couples to marry, with a 53-43 vote. The bill passed the State Senate last week on a 28-21 vote, and Gov. Christine Gregoire is expected to sign it into law next week. This decision marks another bright day in the fight for equality and access to marriage for all, and Boston Pride wishes to congratulate all the organizations and individuals in Washington State and beyond who have worked to bring marriage equality to the Evergreen state.
Latest Pride News
- 2017 Boston Pride Community Fund: Boston Pride distributes over $20,000 to 16 organizations
- Statement on the 2017 South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Save the date! Pride Spring Open House on March 23rd
- Vote now for your 2017 Boston Pride Marshals!
- Statement regarding the Trump administrations’ rescinding of protections for trans* students in public schools