Boston Pride is excited to announce the theme for its 2012 Pride Parade and Festival: “Celebrating 30 Years of Worldwide Pride Movement.” Not only does 2012 mark the 42nd annual Parade and Festival, but it is also the 30th anniversary of InterPride, the international association of Pride organizers that was founded in Boston in 1982. This year’s theme was chosen as a tribute to InterPride’s incredible milestone, which will also be celebrated at the InterPride’s Annual World Conference. As a tribute to InterPride’s foundation, the conference will be held October 3-7 at the Sheraton Boston Hotel. The annual meeting gathers Pride organizers from around the world for five days of learning, networking and coordination. Attendees include InterPride members, Pride Organizers, members of Pride groups, LGBT activists, community leaders, members of student and corporate diversity committees and corporations and public agencies from all over the world. More information about this year’s Pride Parade theme can be found at http://www.bostonpride.org/theme/. Additional information on the InterPride conference can be found at www.InterPride2012.org.
Latest Pride News
- Boston Pride condemns attack on the Jerusalem Pride Parade and expresses solidarity with Israel’s LGBT community
- The Boston Teen Acting Troupe premieres “i don’t know where we’re going but i promise we’re lost” at the Boston Playwrights’ Theatre
- Marriage Equality Celebration – 6pm at the State House
- Statement from Boston Pride Regarding U.S. Supreme Court Decision
- Statement from Boston Pride about the tragedy in Charleston, SC