This year, Boston Pride will host InterPride’s 2012 Annual World Conference, which will be held October 3-7 at the Sheraton Boston Hotel, to celebrate the association’s 30th anniversary. Created in Boston in 1982 to promote Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride on an international level, Boston was chosen as the host city to pay tribute to the organization’s fantastic feat of promoting worldwide Pride for 30 years. Founded with the intent of being the international voice for the LGBT community, InterPride is a global network of Pride organizations. Its annual world conference provides a physical platform for LGBT communities of every background and location to come together. This is an incredible opportunity and an important honor for the city of Boston. Boston Pride could not be more excited to be organizing and sponsoring the conference, and has sought to further show its support and pride by making it the theme of this year’s Pride Parade and Festival: “Celebrating 30 Years of Worldwide Pride Movement.” Conference attendees will include InterPride members, Pride Organizers, members of Pride groups, LGBT activists, community leaders, members of student and corporate diversity committees and corporations and public agencies. To participate or for additional information on the 2012 conference, please refer to the official website created for the event: www.InterPride2012.org.
Latest Pride News
- Boston Pride condemns attack on the Jerusalem Pride Parade and expresses solidarity with Israel’s LGBT community
- The Boston Teen Acting Troupe premieres “i don’t know where we’re going but i promise we’re lost” at the Boston Playwrights’ Theatre
- Marriage Equality Celebration – 6pm at the State House
- Statement from Boston Pride Regarding U.S. Supreme Court Decision
- Statement from Boston Pride about the tragedy in Charleston, SC