This year, Boston Pride will host InterPride’s 2012 Annual World Conference, which will be held October 3-7 at the Sheraton Boston Hotel, to celebrate the association’s 30th anniversary. Created in Boston in 1982 to promote Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride on an international level, Boston was chosen as the host city to pay tribute to the organization’s fantastic feat of promoting worldwide Pride for 30 years. Founded with the intent of being the international voice for the LGBT community, InterPride is a global network of Pride organizations. Its annual world conference provides a physical platform for LGBT communities of every background and location to come together. This is an incredible opportunity and an important honor for the city of Boston. Boston Pride could not be more excited to be organizing and sponsoring the conference, and has sought to further show its support and pride by making it the theme of this year’s Pride Parade and Festival: “Celebrating 30 Years of Worldwide Pride Movement.” Conference attendees will include InterPride members, Pride Organizers, members of Pride groups, LGBT activists, community leaders, members of student and corporate diversity committees and corporations and public agencies. To participate or for additional information on the 2012 conference, please refer to the official website created for the event: www.InterPride2012.org.
Latest Pride News
- Boston Pride to Honor the Late Mayor Thomas M. Menino at 45th Anniversary- #WickedProud Annual Pride Parade
- Spring Open House on Wednesday, March 25th
- Boston Pride Celebrates 45th Anniversary – #WickedProud Launches “Friends of Boston Pride”
- LGBT Groups Make History at the South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- LGBT Roller Bounce on March 26 – This event benefits Boston Pride’s programs!