May 22nd is Harvey Milk Day! Harvey Milk was a pioneer of the 20th century who served as the first openly gay elected official in the United States. Harvey Milk’s dreams were filled with the hope for equality and a world without hate. His ground breaking election in 1977 as one of the world’s first openly gay elected officials symbolized the freedom to live life with authenticity to millions of LGBT women and men around the world. Across the globe this week, people celebrated his life story, message, and legacy.
Latest Pride News
- Join the Boston Pride Guide Team!
- Solidarity with the people of France
- Boston Pride Celebrates Public Accommodations Bill For Transgender Individuals Becoming Law in Massachusetts
- Statement from Boston Pride regarding State Senate candidate Ted Busiek
- A Look Back on Boston Pride Month 2016, Celebrations and Remembrances for the LGBT Community