May 22nd is Harvey Milk Day! Harvey Milk was a pioneer of the 20th century who served as the first openly gay elected official in the United States. Harvey Milk’s dreams were filled with the hope for equality and a world without hate. His ground breaking election in 1977 as one of the world’s first openly gay elected officials symbolized the freedom to live life with authenticity to millions of LGBT women and men around the world. Across the globe this week, people celebrated his life story, message, and legacy.
Latest Pride News
- Boston Pride to Honor the Late Mayor Thomas M. Menino at 45th Anniversary- #WickedProud Annual Pride Parade
- Spring Open House on Wednesday, March 25th
- Boston Pride Celebrates 45th Anniversary – #WickedProud Launches “Friends of Boston Pride”
- LGBT Groups Make History at the South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- LGBT Roller Bounce on March 26 – This event benefits Boston Pride’s programs!