The Rhode Island House of Representatives passed a bill in favor of marriage equality on January 24th. After being held in committee for 11 years, the bill went to the floor where it passed 51-19. The future of the bill is uncertain: whereas RI Governor Chafee said he would sign the bill, both the Senate president and the Senate Judiciary Committee chair oppose marriage equality. Boston Pride wishes to encourage and congratulate all organizations and individuals who are working tirelessly to make marriage equality a reality in RI, in particular Rhode Islanders United for Marriage and our friends at RI Pride!
@NickHathy Come to our meeting next Tuesday @ 6:30pm @ 12 Channel Street!
Latest Pride News
- Join the Boston Pride Guide Team!
- Solidarity with the people of France
- Boston Pride Celebrates Public Accommodations Bill For Transgender Individuals Becoming Law in Massachusetts
- Statement from Boston Pride regarding State Senate candidate Ted Busiek
- A Look Back on Boston Pride Month 2016, Celebrations and Remembrances for the LGBT Community