The Rhode Island House of Representatives passed a bill in favor of marriage equality on January 24th. After being held in committee for 11 years, the bill went to the floor where it passed 51-19. The future of the bill is uncertain: whereas RI Governor Chafee said he would sign the bill, both the Senate president and the Senate Judiciary Committee chair oppose marriage equality. Boston Pride wishes to encourage and congratulate all organizations and individuals who are working tirelessly to make marriage equality a reality in RI, in particular Rhode Islanders United for Marriage and our friends at RI Pride!
Latest Pride News
- The Official Boston Pride Guide 2015 is now available
- Mr. and Miss Boston Pride Pageant Winners Selected for 45th Annual Parade!
- Boston Pride Will Kick off Pride Week and 45th Anniversary with First Ever Gala
- Boston Pride Presents a Conversation with Pussy Riot – The Wilbur, June 5th
- Boston Pride Week 2015 Calendar