The Rhode Island House of Representatives passed a bill in favor of marriage equality on January 24th. After being held in committee for 11 years, the bill went to the floor where it passed 51-19. The future of the bill is uncertain: whereas RI Governor Chafee said he would sign the bill, both the Senate president and the Senate Judiciary Committee chair oppose marriage equality. Boston Pride wishes to encourage and congratulate all organizations and individuals who are working tirelessly to make marriage equality a reality in RI, in particular Rhode Islanders United for Marriage and our friends at RI Pride!
Latest Pride News
- Boston Pride condemns attack on the Jerusalem Pride Parade and expresses solidarity with Israel’s LGBT community
- The Boston Teen Acting Troupe premieres “i don’t know where we’re going but i promise we’re lost” at the Boston Playwrights’ Theatre
- Marriage Equality Celebration – 6pm at the State House
- Statement from Boston Pride Regarding U.S. Supreme Court Decision
- Statement from Boston Pride about the tragedy in Charleston, SC