The Rhode Island House of Representatives passed a bill in favor of marriage equality on January 24th. After being held in committee for 11 years, the bill went to the floor where it passed 51-19. The future of the bill is uncertain: whereas RI Governor Chafee said he would sign the bill, both the Senate president and the Senate Judiciary Committee chair oppose marriage equality. Boston Pride wishes to encourage and congratulate all organizations and individuals who are working tirelessly to make marriage equality a reality in RI, in particular Rhode Islanders United for Marriage and our friends at RI Pride!
Latest Pride News
- 2017 Boston Pride Community Fund: Boston Pride distributes over $20,000 to 16 organizations
- Statement on the 2017 South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Save the date! Pride Spring Open House on March 23rd
- Vote now for your 2017 Boston Pride Marshals!
- Statement regarding the Trump administrations’ rescinding of protections for trans* students in public schools