The Rhode Island House of Representatives passed a bill in favor of marriage equality on January 24th. After being held in committee for 11 years, the bill went to the floor where it passed 51-19. The future of the bill is uncertain: whereas RI Governor Chafee said he would sign the bill, both the Senate president and the Senate Judiciary Committee chair oppose marriage equality. Boston Pride wishes to encourage and congratulate all organizations and individuals who are working tirelessly to make marriage equality a reality in RI, in particular Rhode Islanders United for Marriage and our friends at RI Pride!
Latest Pride News
- Boston Pride statement on gay French police officer killed in Paris
- Boston Pride Announces Stronger Together Rally for June 11
- Tickets now available for the 2017 Boston Pride Pageant
- Save the date for Massachusetts Youth Pride on Saturday, May 20th
- High Heel Dash for Charity on June 3 – tickets now available!