The Rhode Island House of Representatives passed a bill in favor of marriage equality on January 24th. After being held in committee for 11 years, the bill went to the floor where it passed 51-19. The future of the bill is uncertain: whereas RI Governor Chafee said he would sign the bill, both the Senate president and the Senate Judiciary Committee chair oppose marriage equality. Boston Pride wishes to encourage and congratulate all organizations and individuals who are working tirelessly to make marriage equality a reality in RI, in particular Rhode Islanders United for Marriage and our friends at RI Pride!
Latest Pride News
- Boston Pride to Honor the Late Mayor Thomas M. Menino at 45th Anniversary- #WickedProud Annual Pride Parade
- Spring Open House on Wednesday, March 25th
- Boston Pride Celebrates 45th Anniversary – #WickedProud Launches “Friends of Boston Pride”
- LGBT Groups Make History at the South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- LGBT Roller Bounce on March 26 – This event benefits Boston Pride’s programs!