Boston, MA, 3/25/2013 – Boston Pride announced today that, working with the Mayor’s Office, the rainbow flag, symbol of our community, will be raised over City Hall Plaza tomorrow Tuesday, March 26th, in support of the “Historic DOMA Justice Rally”. The Rally, organized by MassEquality, will start at 3pm at the Flag Poles at City Hall Plaza, and aims at raising awareness about two freedom to marry cases to be considered tomorrow by the U.S. Supreme Court. Says MassEquality: ” These two cases – which concern the discriminatory Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California’s Proposition 8 – are fundamentally about whether gay and lesbian Americans can enjoy the same freedoms and opportunities as everyone else. Momentum is on our side – a bipartisan majority of Americans recognize that the ability to marry the person you love is a Constitutional right. But now is the time to stand up and show your support for marriage equality.” Boston Pride invites the community to join this Rally. More information is available on MassEquality’s website and on their Facebook page.
Latest Pride News
- Boston Pride Announces Stronger Together Rally for June 11
- Tickets now available for the 2017 Boston Pride Pageant
- Save the date for Massachusetts Youth Pride on Saturday, May 20th
- High Heel Dash for Charity on June 3 – tickets now available!
- Sign up for to march in the Parade and to exhibit at the Festival before fees increase on May 1