MJ Halberstadt is a Boston‐based playwright and alumnus of Emerson College (BA Theatre Education) and Boston University (MFA Playwriting). Full‐lengths include Brute (Pingree School), Grindr (and other concerns) (The Survivalists), i don’t know where we’re going but i promise we’re lost (Boston Teen Acting Troupe), That Time the House Burned Down (Fresh Ink Theatre), The Launch Prize (Bridge Rep of Boston) and not Jenny (Bridge Rep of Boston). He has had short plays presented at Boston Actors Theater, FV Productions, The Brick, Happy Medium Theatre, KNOW Theatre, Little Fish Theatre and StrangeDog Theatre. He has earned invitations to the Boston Center for the Arts and Company One’s PlayLab, Boston University’s Creative Writing Global Fellowship, Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival’s Region 1 conference and Last Frontier Theatre Conference. He is a Founding Artistic Associate of Bridge Rep of Boston and member of Dramatists Guild of America, Inc. By day, Halberstadt is an Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission at Emerson College. He grew up on Long Island and currently lives just West of Boston with his fiancé.
Latest Pride News
- Reminder: book your 2018 Boston Pride Guide ad now
- New event alert! Sunday Funday Brunch Meet-Up at Scorpion Bar on April 8
- Boston Pride attends the 2018 NERP Conference
- Congratulations to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts for their award-winning ad in the 2017 Boston Pride Guide!
- Boston Pride expresses support for Pride organizers in Starkville, MS