Boston, MA – March 8, 2017 – Boston Pride strongly condemns the exclusion of OUTVETS from the 2017 St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Boston Pride had a positive experience representing the LGBT community as we marched in the South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade in 2015 and 2016. Our contingent felt welcomed by the crowds and the neighborhood on those historic occasions. It was evident that the support for Boston Pride was sincere. However, due to our organization’s priorities and our focus on planning the many events during Boston Pride Week 2017, we have elected to not participate in this year’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade. We invite everyone to be a part of Pride Week, which runs from June 2 to June 11, 2017.
Latest Pride News
- 2017 Boston Pride Community Fund: Boston Pride distributes over $20,000 to 16 organizations
- Statement on the 2017 South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Save the date! Pride Spring Open House on March 23rd
- Vote now for your 2017 Boston Pride Marshals!
- Statement regarding the Trump administrations’ rescinding of protections for trans* students in public schools