Edith “Edie” Windsor, a hero of the fight for marriage equality, lead plaintiff in the Supreme Court case that bears her name, passed away today. Boston Pride sends its heartfelt condolences to her wife Judith, her family and her friends. We recognize today the groundbreaking contributions Edie made to our community through her activism over the years. The “Windsor decision,” which was handed down in 2013 by the US Supreme Court, ensured the federal recognition of same-sex marriages performed in 13 states and in the District of Columbia.
Latest Pride News
- Reminder: book your 2018 Boston Pride Guide ad now
- New event alert! Sunday Funday Brunch Meet-Up at Scorpion Bar on April 8
- Boston Pride attends the 2018 NERP Conference
- Congratulations to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts for their award-winning ad in the 2017 Boston Pride Guide!
- Boston Pride expresses support for Pride organizers in Starkville, MS