Monday, November 20th is the 2017 Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR), which memorializes trans individuals who have died because of transphobia and acts of violence against the trans community. TDOR was inspired by the vigil held for Rita Hester, a trans woman from Allston, MA, who was murdered in 1998. Boston Pride invites all in our community to come and remember those we have lost. You may find a list of events here. Boston’s transgender community remembers local victims Chanelle Pickett, Debra Forte, Monique Thomas, Georgette Hart, Diane Carter, Denise Pugliesi, Monique Rogers, Lisa Daniels, Rita Hester, CJ Garber, and too many more.
Latest Pride News
- Reminder: book your 2018 Boston Pride Guide ad now
- New event alert! Sunday Funday Brunch Meet-Up at Scorpion Bar on April 8
- Boston Pride attends the 2018 NERP Conference
- Congratulations to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts for their award-winning ad in the 2017 Boston Pride Guide!
- Boston Pride expresses support for Pride organizers in Starkville, MS