- When is Pride Week 2013?
Pride Week runs from Friday, May 31 - Sunday, June 9th with the Parade & Festival taking place on Saturday, June 8.
- What time does the Parade begin?
- Where does the Parade begin?
- How can I register for the Parade and Festival?
Our environmentally friendly online registration system is fast and easy. Register online for the Parade and Festival through our automated system.
- What is the history of the Pride Flag and what do the colors mean?
The rainbow flag was first used to symbolize gay pride and diversity by San Francisco artist Gilbert Baker and the original was hand-dyed. It first flew in the San Francisco Gay Freedom Day Parade on June 25, 1978. The flag consisted of eight stripes and Baker assigned specific meaning to each of the colors: hot pink = sex, red = life, orange = healing, yellow = sunlight, green = nature, turquoise = magic, blue = serenity, violet = spirit. As of 2006, it currently consists of six colored stripes of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet. It is most commonly flown with the red stripe on top, as the colors appear in a natural rainbow. The rainbow flag, sometimes called the freedom flag, has been used as a symbol of gay pride and gay rights since the 1980s.
- How is Pride paid for?
Pride is supported by organizations, businesses, and individuals who are committed to visibility and diversity in New England.
- How can I make a contribution to the Boston Pride Committee?
or send donations to:
The Boston Pride Committee
398 Columbus Ave. #285
Boston, MA 02116
- Do you recycle at Pride events?
- Are Pride events handicap accessible?
- How can someone advertise with Pride?
Please see our Support Pride page for more information.