2013 Boston Pride Parade
The 43rd Annual Boston Pride Parade will take place on Saturday, June 8, at noon, rain or shine.
7:00 am to 11:00 am
Staging and lining-up of participants around Copley Square
1 minute of silence
The 2013 parade route is now official:
- Start at Boylston St and Clarendon St
- Turn right onto Clarendon St
- Turn left onto Tremont St
- Turn left onto Berkeley St
- Turn right onto Boylston St
- Turn left onto Charles St
- Turn right onto Beacon St
- Turn left onto Tremont St
- Arrival at City Hall Plaza on Cambridge St
It is strongly recommended that you arrive at the Boston Pride Parade by “T”. Given the large amount of people present in the city for the day’s events, traffic will likely be highly congested and parking will be limited.
By T: Take the Green line to Copley.
The 2013 Pride Parade will be broadcast on BNN, the Boston Neighborhood Network (cable TV Channel 9) for your viewing pleasure. We will post the times once they are given to us.
Advice for Visitors
- Pack appropriately! The Boston Pride Festival is a rain or shine event, so plan accordingly for the forecast weather conditions. Consider bringing sunscreen, plenty of bottled water, and an umbrella or raincoat.
- Have fun!
- Watch out for (your) kids – Make sure children are safe. As the crowds pour in from the Parade it may become difficult to keep an eye on the little ones. Consider moving to the Family Zone until the Parade is complete.
- Respect the instructions from the Festival Staff and Volunteers – These individuals will be clearly distinguishable from the crowd. They are only doing their job and enforcing safety measures for the benefit of everyone.
HANDICAP ACCESS / TROLLEY
We are happy to announce that once again, Super Duck Tours has graciously offered a handicap trolley to Boston Pride for marchers who wish to participate in the parade but are physically unable to walk the full route. Seats are limited and on a first come, first serve basis. If you wish to sign up, please email email@example.com and send us your full name, email address and phone number.
Marshal Training Sessions
All group marshals will be required to attend ONE marshal training session. There are 4 sessions to pick from and the marshals do not need to attend a session together. Click here to view the marshal orientation meeting schedule
The parade committee will remind registered groups about the sessions in mid-April. If your initial marshals have changed, please notify the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All registered groups will be assigned a specific time to report to the staging area. The staging of groups will run from 7:30 to 11 am on the day of the parade. Vehicles and floats must be in place by 10 am, marching groups must be in place by 11 am. The final line-up will be posted on our website on Friday morning, June 7th.