The planning committee for the Stronger Together Rally is proud to announce the following Value Statement.
Stronger Together Rally
We hold the Boston Stronger Together Rally in solidarity with the “Equality March for Unity & Pride” and partner rallies across the country.
Our intent is to center and amplify the voices of those among us who have been historically silenced and oppressed.
Now, more than ever, it is important to stand together when so many marginalized communities,
including transgender people, Black folks, Latinx folks, and all communities of color, undocumented people, indigenous people, and Muslims are under attack and hard-won rights are being assaulted.
We believe that our liberation is bound together, and that our resiliency and rootedness in our own experiences, histories and cultures increase our capacity to deconstruct the institutional and cultural structures of oppression that marginalize and divide us.
Because we are stronger together, we believe in organizing as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual/Agender (LGBTQIA)+ people and allies, for transformative, intersectional justice, and collective liberation from our many oppressions in pursuit of a more humane and equitable future where all can thrive.
Our work will be guided and informed by our beliefs and commitments to:
• Raise, honor and incorporate the voices of marginalized peoples and communities into our decision-making process.
• Integrate intersectionality, equity, access and respect in organizational decision-making processes, day-to-day practices, and programming.
• The active and meaningful leadership of people across the Commonwealth who reflect the diverse groups within the LGBTQIA community.
• Build trust and foster open/authentic communication of diverse perspectives and realities.
• Actively challenge and dismantle systems of oppression through all aspects of our work.
This is a working plan that will likely grow and shift as we continue to engage with these values beyond the rally. If you share these values, we invite you to join us in fulfilling them.
In solidarity with the platform of the National Equality March for Unity & Pride, the Boston “Stronger Together Rally” will lift up and address the following issues and concerns:
Income Inequality and economic justice
Indigenous / Two Spirit Justice
Intimate Partner Violence
International LGBTQIA Justice
Faith and Spirituality