Monday, June 6th – Political Forum
6pm atÂ Historic Faneuil HallÂ (1 Faneuil Hall Sq, Boston, MA)
As part of Pride Month, Boston Pride will host a public forum on Monday, June 6, 2016, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at historic Faneuil Hall to discuss the issues important to the LGBT community in the upcoming presidential election in November. The Forum will focus on both domestic and foreign issues that affect the LGBT community including civil rights and discrimination against the LGBT community, particularly to transgender individuals; marriage equality; immigration and more.
The Forum will be moderated by WCVB Ch. 5 Reporter Janet Wu.
Participating on the panel:
- Mass. State Senator Sonia Chang-Diaz
- Mass. State Rep. Liz Malia
- Democratic leader Steve Kerrigan
- National LGBTQ Task Forceâ€™s Sue Hyde
- Stonehill College Professor of Political Science Peter Ubertaccio
- Mass. Log Cabin Republican Chapter Leader Dylan Kelly
- Mass. Log Cabin Republican Chapter Secretary Deborah Drew
- 1st openly transgender senior staffer to serve on Capitol Hill Diego Sanchez
The Forum will also give the audience the opportunity for Q and A with the panelists. The event is free and open to the public.