The New Boston Pride Committee, Inc., d/b/a Boston Pride, a nonprofit organizations founded in 1970, produces events and activities to achieve inclusivity, equality, respect, and awareness in Greater Boston and beyond. Fostering diversity, unity, visibility, and dignity, we educate, communicate, and advocate by building and strengthening community connections.
The Boston Pride Community Fund was established in 2016 and is currently funded via the JP and Back Bay Block Parties, and in addition Boston Pride commits 10% of all Sponsorship dollars towards the Community Fund. Once a year, in support of our vision and mission, we will give back monies raised in our Community Fund to non-profit organizations and grassroots groups that are doing work within our community with an eye towards smaller organizations, new/innovative programs, and intersectional proposals.
Through the Boston Pride Community Fund, we aim to offer support and visibility to small and community-based projects, and in addition capital improvement projects benefiting the LGBTQ community.
Formal and informal organizations/groups as well as 501 (c) 3 nonprofits are encouraged to apply provided:
- You have/your organization has been in operation for six months or more.
- Your proposed activity benefits the LGBTQ Community in Greater Boston or within Massachusetts.
- You submit a complete application including an itemized budget by the deadline.
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You or your organization has received a Community Fund Grant for 2 consecutive years.
- You have/your organization has been funded in the past and failed to submit and end of year report as required by the Fund guidelines. You must wait 2 years to apply again under these circumstances.
- You/your organization seeks Fund support to raise monies for other groups.
- Your organization has a budget of over 2 million.
- Your proposal is for the benefit of an individual, or to support Pride related activities, such as a float.