The Community Fund
Since its inception in 2015, Boston Pride has disbursed over $50,000 in three grant cycles to 35 grassroots organizations in our community.
Call For Proposals
The New Boston Pride Committee, Inc., d/b/a Boston Pride, a nonprofit organizations founded in 1970, produces events and activities to achieve inclusivity, equality, respect, and awareness in Greater Boston and beyond. Fostering diversity, unity, visibility, and dignity, we educate, communicate, and advocate by building and strengthening community connections.
The Boston Pride Community Fund was established in 2015 and is currently funded via the JP and Back Bay Block Parties, the High Heel Dash. In 2018, the board voted to donate 10% of sponsorship dollars towards the Community Fund. Once a year, in support of our vision and mission, we will give back monies raised in our Community Fund to non-profit organizations and grassroots groups that are doing work within our community with an eye towards smaller organizations, new/innovative programs, and intersectional proposals.
Through the Boston Pride Community Fund, we aim to offer support and visibility to small and community-based projects.
Formal and informal organizations / groups as well as 501 (c) 3 nonprofits are encouraged to apply provided:
• You have / your organization has been in operation for six months or more, AND
• Your proposed activity benefits the LGBTQ Community in Greater Boston or within Massachusetts, AND
• You submit a complete application including an itemized budget by the deadline.
You are not eligible to apply if:
• You or your organization has received a Community Fund Grant for 2 consecutive years, OR
• You have / your organization has been funded in the past and failed to submit an end-of-year report as required by the Fund guidelines (You must wait 2 years to apply again under these circumstances), OR
• You / your organization seeks Fund support to raise monies for other groups, OR
• Your organization has a budget of over 2 million US dollars; OR
• Your proposal is for the benefit of an individual, or to support Pride-related activities, such as a float.
• Applications will be accepted from October 15, 2018 through December 15, 2018. Submitted applications will be reviewed by a panel of community members, who will make a recommendation for funding to the Board of Directors of Boston Pride.
• Recipients will be announced in January 2019.
• Awards will be disbursed by February 15, 2019.
• Recipients will attend the Boston Pride Spring Open House to speak about their project.
- 2018 (click here for more info about the 2018 Boston Pride Community Fund):
- 2017 (click here for more info about the 2017 Boston Pride Community Fund):
- Boston Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
- Greater Boston Chapter Colage People with LGBTQ + Parents or Guardians
- Hebrew Senior Life Chaplaincy, Inc.
- The History Project
- HKS Francophile Club
- Impact Boston
- Imperial Court of MA
- Lesbians of Color Symposium Collective, Inc.
- Madfemme Pride
- Mystic LGBTQ + Youth Support Network Queers mystic
- PAWS New England
- SpeakOUT Boston
- The List: Boston’s Queer Agenda
- The Theatre Offensive
- Worcester Pride
- YQSA Youth Queer Straight Alliance
- 2016 (click here for more info about the 2016 Boston Pride Community Fund):
- The Tiffany Club of New England
- GLSEN Massachusetts
- Lesbian of Color Symposium (LOCS) Collective
- Voices Rising Chorus
- In The Streets Productions
- Mystic LGBTQ+ Youth Support Network
- OUT MetroWest
- New England Professional Queer WoMen of Color
- Tennis4All Boston
- Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance