Since 2016, Boston Pride has disbursed over $50,000 to 35 grassroots organizations in our community.
The 2018 Boston Pride Community Fund recipients are:
- Womxn of Color Weekend
- Stonewall Sports – Boston
- Dyke Night
- Gay for Good Boston
- Lesbians of Color Symposium Collective
- Boston Living Soulfully
- Open Theatre Project
- Cape Cod Pride
- Jackson’s CLASS
- Healing Our Community Collaborative
- Queer Mystic
Applications may be submitted online until December 15th: click here to submit your application now.
For questions and comments, please contact Linda DeMarco at [email protected].
About the Community Fund
The New Boston Pride Committee, Inc., d/b/a Boston Pride, a nonprofit organizations founded in 1970, produces events and activities to achieve inclusivity, equality, respect, and awareness in Greater Boston and beyond. Fostering diversity, unity, visibility, and dignity, we educate, communicate, and advocate by building and strengthening community connections.
With the additional contributions our community members have given at our JP and Back Bay Block Parties, and with the proceeds from the High Heel Dash, we have established the Boston Pride Community Fund. Once a year, in support of our vision and mission, we will give back monies raised in our Community Fund to non-profit organizations and groups within our community.
Boston Pride will use this opportunity to educate ourselves and others about the important work these organizations and groups are doing in service of our local community. Through the Boston Pride Community Fund, we aim to offer support and visibility to small and community-based projects.
- 2017 (click here for more info about the 2017 Boston Pride Community Fund):
- Boston Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
- Greater Boston Chapter Colage People with LGBTQ + Parents or Guardians
- Hebrew Senior Life Chaplaincy, Inc.
- The History Project
- HKS Francophile Club
- Impact Boston
- Imperial Court of MA
- Lesbians of Color Symposium Collective, Inc.
- Madfemme Pride
- Mystic LGBTQ + Youth Support Network Queers mystic
- PAWS New England
- SpeakOUT Boston
- The List: Boston’s Queer Agenda
- The Theatre Offensive
- Worcester Pride
- YQSA Youth Queer Straight Alliance
- 2016 (click here for more info about the 2016 Boston Pride Community Fund):
- The Tiffany Club of New England
- GLSEN Massachusetts
- Lesbian of Color Symposium (LOCS) Collective
- Voices Rising Chorus
- In The Streets Productions
- Mystic LGBTQ+ Youth Support Network
- OUT MetroWest
- New England Professional Queer WoMen of Color
- Tennis4All Boston
- Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance
Are eligible to apply to the Boston Pride Community Fund any organization or group as long as they are based in the Greater Boston area and have been in operation for six months or more.
- Applications will be accepted through December 15, 2017.
- Submitted applications will be reviewed by a panel of community members, who will make a recommendation for funding to the Board of Directors of Boston Pride.
- Recipients will be announced in the month of January 2018.
- Awards will be disbursed by February 15, 2018.
- Projects submitted for funding through the Boston Pride Community Fund shall be conducted in the 2018 calendar year.
- Recipients shall submit a written report about the use of the funds by 10/01/2018. Failure to submit a report will bar applicants from further eligibility to the Boston Pride Community Fund.
- Recipients will be invited to the Boston Pride Open House to report on their project in the Spring of 2018.