Boston Pride is calling on supporters and parade participants to nominate this year’s Pride Marshals. There are two categories up for community vote: Grand Marshal and Honorary Marshal (the latter of which is only given posthumously). Members of the general public are invited to nominate marshals by emailing the nominee name, contact information, and a brief description of why this person or organization should be a marshal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to send a nomination is April 15th. Once all nominations have been submitted, the general public will have the opportunity to vote for a winner in each category.
Boston Pride recognizes Marshals in three categories:
- Grand Marshal
- Honorary Marshal – only given posthumously
- Celebrity Marshal – awarded by Boston Pride
Note that the public may vote only to select Grand and Honorary Marshals.
When nominating, the general public is asked to consider how their nominee illustrates the 2014 Pride Theme “Be Yourself, Change the World” (for more info about the theme, click here).
Boston Pride has a tradition of turning to the community for the selection of the Pride Marshals:
- Nominations - the general public can nominate Marshals in the 3 categories defined above until April 15th
- Slate selection - Boston Pride narrows down the slate of nominees to about five candidates per category
- Voting (Apr. 15-30, 2013) – the general public votes to select the Pride Marshals